Thursday, May 5, 2011

Praying for Wisdom

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. – Habakkuk 3:17-18

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

James 1
 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

3 comments:

  1. Encouraging words are good for the soul. "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight oh Lord." Can't remember the reference but it's one of my fav scriptures.

    From the Finding New Friends Hop Week 6, now following this site on GFC as well (GraceandMe) :)

    http://www.graceandme.com
    http://gracefulhomepigeon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 19:14...part of my prayer every morning.

    Following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting (and following) from VoiceBoks! I LOVE this blog. I have met so many faithful and holy women through vB. Must be orchestrated by our Lord! Samantha

    ReplyDelete