Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Warrior Prayers Day 10

Today's prayers really sum up all that we are praying for our sons.  Love.  Without love, God's love, we miss the mark on everything else.  Without God's love our sons will not experience all that God has planned for them.  I personally have struggled with loving others for years.  The pain from past relationships has placed a barrier between me and the world.  It is hard for me to let others in, especially new friends.  I definitely do not want my sons to struggle with this.  Learning how to love God's way at an early age will hopefully help them cope with difficult situations that are sure to come up over the years.  I want them to be prepared to handle disappointments God's way.  And I most especially want them to grow up loving each other.  Right now this is hard to see with the daily fights over this and that.  Prayer.  It is our only hope.  Pray that they will love when it seems impossible.  Pray that they will experience love in their marriages.  Pray most especially that they will really know how much God loves them. 

Brooke brought up another very important point.  The word love is used carelessly too often.  "I love this food", "I love that song", etc...  Real love only comes from God.  Brooke says "God and love are one and the same. There is no real love apart from God, and God is behind all real and genuine acts of love".

For me today's prayers are at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment