Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Day 2

Today we will pray for our sons to be obedient.  Not just to our leading, but to God and His ways.  Brooke explains that it is not enough for us to have our sons obey our every command.  We don't need little robots.  What we are after is a child who willingly obeys, out of a heart's desire to please God first and us second.

Brooke says "Obeying God is intimately linked to loving Him. If we focus too much on forcing our boys to change their outward behavior, and forget to hold out the great depth of love that sent a Savior to the cross, we’re running the risk of raising little Pharisees."

We need to instill a desire to obey coming from a deep love for our Savior. 
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be
loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." ~John 14:21

Join me in praying for our sons throughout the day.  I will be posting on our Facebook group the Warrior Prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment